The day we met - PAU inglés 2013 Andalucía resuelto

>Exámenes selectividad inglés resueltos Andalucía


Beautiful girl on the countryside
After I had finished my studies in 1950, I went to England to improve my English. In those years it was very difficult to get a visa to Britain because of the great unemployment after the Second World War. However, one could get a visa to work as a volunteer in agricultural camps, which were excellently organised by the Ministry of Farming in various parts of Britain. It was very pleasant to work in the fields of Britain because that summer was beautiful and the rain hardly appeared. Besides, I met many young people from different nationalities and, apart from having fun, we were a great help to the farmers.
I served in five different camps and in my last one I met two sisters, Alice and Sylvia. The farmer placed Sylvia, Alice and me beside one another in a line on a potato field. I was highly attracted to Alice's shy personality and extremely captivating looks. Sadly, she was engaged! Then, autumn came and we had to part. The sisters travelled to their hometown and I decided to stay in Britain. After a year I received a letter from Alice in which she told me that she and her fiancé had split up. I was thankful in my head for her bravery to dare to write to me. We started writing to each other and after a time I went to her hometown and proposed to her. She accepted. When Alice and I look back, we think that we have been very fortunate. Alice is now seventy-eight and I am eighty-three, and I must say that I have loved her ever since the day we met in that field.

  RESPUESTAS

I. READING COMPREHENSION

ANSWER QUESTIONS 1-3 ACCORDING TO THE INFORMATION GIVEN IN THE TEXT. USE YOUR OWN WORDS.
  • 1. How did the narrator manage to get a visa to work in England? PAR.1
  • 2. What was the narrator attracted to when he met Alice? PAR.2
  • 3. How did they get in touch again? PAR.2 

ARE THESE STATEMENTS TRUE OR FALSE? JUSTIFY YOUR ANSWERS WITH THE PRECISE WORDS OR PHRASES FROM THE TEXT, OR USE YOUR OWN WORDS. 
4. The narrator says that the summer of 1950 was splendid and rather dry.
5. The narrator's marriage has been full of happiness.

 

II. USE OF ENGLISH

6. FIND IN THE TEXT ONE SYNONYM FOR "timid" (adjective).
7. FILL IN THE GAP WITH THE CORRECT OPTION: (to/ about/ for/ at)
  • She complained about her trip to Canada.
8. WHICH WORD DOES NOT HAVE THE SAME MEANING?
  • depart / set off / set up / leave 
9. GIVE A NOUN WITH THE SAME ROOT AS: "propose" (verb).
10. REWRITE THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE WITHOUT CHANGING ITS MEANING. BEGIN AS INDICATED:
I've been playing chess for thirty years.
11. TURN THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE INTO THE ACTIVE VOICE:
The agricultural camps were excellently organised by the Ministry of Farming.
12. USE THE WORDS IN THE BOXES TO MAKE A MEANINGFUL SENTENCE. USE ALL AND ONLY THE WORDS IN THE BOXES WITHOUT CHANGING THEIR FORM
seeing     I     looking     to      am     forward     you 
13. COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING (CONDITIONAL) SENTENCE:

+EXÁMENES RESUELTOS

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...