Scotland . Inglés A1 Graduado ESO

Scotland - Scottish independence
Scotland has not always been a part of the United Kingdom. The Scottish people had their own royal family and fought the English for centuries. In 1603, King James VI of Scotland became King James I of England and Scotland. He moved to London and this ended Scottish independence.
In 1707, Scotland formally became part of the UK when the government of Scotland moved to Westminster, in London. Scotland managed to keep its own legal and education systems. Scotland still has different marriage laws to England. Young couples in England must have their parents’ consent to get married if they are under 18, but in Scotland they can get married at the age of 16 without their parents’ consent.
In 1999, a referendum gave new powers to Scotland so the Parliament of Scotland was established under the supervision of the UK. Today, about 55 per cent of Scottish citizens want Scotland to be completely independent. In fact, in 2014 there will be a referendum to decide if they want to become independent from the UK.


READING COMPREHENSION

1. Scotland is nowadays independent from the UK.
  • a. True
  • b. False
2. At the beginning of the 18th century, the government of Scotland moved to
London.
  • a. True
  • b. False
3. Young couples in Scotland need to get married with their parents’ consent.
  • a. True
  • b. False
4. Today the Scottish have their own parliament.
  • a. True
  • b. False

ANSWER KEY

1.b
2.a
3.b
4.a

USE OF ENGLISH

Elija la opción correcta:

1. ______ she ______ her bike every day?
  • a. Do / ride
  • b. Does / rides
  • c. Does / ride
2. She came home ______ work.
  • a. at
  • b. in
  • c. from
3. The museum is open. We ______ go in.
  • a. can’t
  • b. can
  • c. mustn’t
4. He ______ very fast during the race.
  • a. run
  • b. runs
  • c. ran
5. I ______ you for a long time!
  • a. didn’t see
  • b. see
  • c. haven’t seen
6. When I was younger, I ______ swim long distances.
  • a. can
  • b. could
  • c. should
7. Where ______ they ______ last night?
  • a. do / went
  • b. did / went
  • c. did / go
8. A ticket to a football match is ______ a ticket to the theatre.
  • a. expensiver than
  • b. more expensive than
  • c. the most expensive than
9. I ______ you were away on holiday.
  • a. thought
  • b. thinked
  • c. was thought
10. ______ you like to have a drink?
  • a. have
  • b. can
  • c. would

ANSWER KEY

  • 1.c
  • 2.c
  • 3.b
  • 4.c
  • 5.c
  • 6.b
  • 7.c
  • 8.b
  • 9.a
  • 10.c

WRITING

3. Escriba un texto en el que cuente lo que suele hacer durante la semana. El texto debe tener al menos 50 palabras y puede utilizar el vocabulario propuesto a continuación:
get up, work, tidy my room, leave home, do the housework, , meet my friends, go shopping
On weekdays I usually get up very early, at about 7:30 a.m. to get to work. I work from 8 am to 3 pm in a shop every day. Before leaving home in the morning, I make my bed, have a shower and have a coffee and a toast for breakfast. I don’t do the housework every day but mainly at the weekend. I share an apartment with my girlfriend.
At the weekend I normally relax because I’m tired of working. I usually get up late and go shopping on Friday evening or Saturday morning. I often spend my weekend in the countryside with some friends but I don’t go out at night very much.


+EXÁMENES RESUELTOS

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...