Jamie Oliver - EOI Islas Canarias inglés A2

Jamie Oliver The Naked Chef
I was born in 1975 and straight into the business. My dad ran a lovely pub-restaurant, in Clavering, Essex. I remember it was a cool place, everyone worked together to make that lovely food and laughed while doing it.
By the time I was 11, I wasn't bad at preparing the meals. Many boys at school thought that cooking was a girl's thing. I didn't really care, as I could buy the coolest trainers with the money I earned from working at the weekend.
When I was 16, I didn't really have the results to continue at school and I knew by then that I wanted to be a chef. So I went to Westminster Catering College and then spent some time in France, learning as much as I could, before coming back to London to work as Head Pastry Chef for Antonio Carluccio at The Neal Street Restaurant where I worked for five years.
It was there that I first got in front of a TV camera. A documentary about the restaurant was being filmed and the editors decided to show a friendly man who really liked cooking. The day after the programme was shown; I got calls from five different production companies to talk about a possible show.
The result was “The Naked Chef” programme and that's where it all started. Right now I've never been busier in my life! The only thing is that I would like to have more time for my family - my three lovely girls.



READING COMPREHENSION


0. When Jamie was born
a) his father had a pub-restaurant
b) he became a businessman.
c) he lived in London.

1. At his father’s restaurant
a) he enjoyed seeing the staff working.
b) he impressed the staff at his father's restaurant.
c) he remembers the kitchen being a cold place.

2. At the age of 11,
a) he didn't like cutting vegetables.
b) Jamie didn't pay any attention to what the girls said.
c) Jamie got paid for the work he did at the restaurant.

3. Jamie Oliver left school
a) because he wanted to open his first restaurant with other famous cooks.
b) because he wasn't a good student and wanted to become a chef.
c) because he wanted to run his father’s restaurant.

4. Why did he appear in the documentary?
a) Because he was a famous cook.
b) Because he was outgoing and enjoyed preparing meals
c) Because he was an expert and liked cooking

5. Jamie Oliver is happy with his busy life
a) but he would prefer not to work at the weekends.
b) but he would like to work in the country.
c) but he misses his family.

6. Which sentence is correct?
a) He returned to London after staying in France.
b) He didn’t use to work for Antonio Carluccio.
c) If he had time, he would do more shows.

 

ANSWER KEY

a c b b c a


+EXÁMENES RESUELTOS

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...