grew up in Phoenix, Arizona and was one of six children. She met her husband, Christian in high school, but they did not marry until after she graduated from Brigham Young University. They have three sons. Her husband has now retired to take care of the children. She is Mormon.
During one mad summer, while her husband and three young boys slept, Stephenie Meyer wrote a mountain of pages about a romance between a smart 17-year-old girl and a handsome vampire. In 2005, she published her first book, Twilight. Following the success of Twilight (2005), Meyer expanded the story into a series with three more books: New Moon (2006), Eclipse (2007), and Breaking Dawn (2008). The Twilight novels have gained worldwide recognition, won multiple literary awards and sold over 85 million copies worldwide, with translations into 37 different languages around the globe. Meyer is also the author of the adult science-fiction novel The Host.
In August 2009 USA Today revealed that Meyer broke JK Rowling's record on their bestseller list. The four Twilight books have spent 52 weeks on the top 10.The books have also spent more than 102 weeks on the New York Times Best Seller List.
Text adapted from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephenie_Meyer
Cuestionario de tareas
1. “Vampire” means “Vampiro” and we can easily understand it in English. Find in the text two other similar words having the same meaning as other Spanish words.
- localiza ejemplos en el texto como “author” (autor/a), “mountain” (montaña), “published” (publicado), “pages” (paginas), ...
2. Which of the following sentences summarizes the text?
- a. Biographical information about the author of the Twilight Saga.
- b. Literary classification of the american author Stephenie Meyer.
- c. The reasons for the success of the Twilight novels.
- d. Stephenie Meyer writes novels only during summer.
1 punto: a
3. In 2008 the Twilight story is a series of ...
- a. ...three books.
- b. ...five books.
- c. ...four books.
- d. ...two books.
1 punto: c.
4. Which is the aim of the first line with respect to the rest of the text?
- a. To give a short introduction to the main topic of the text.
- b. To sum up some important biographical details of the author.
- c. To show that the author of the Twilight novels is a mormon.
- d. To relate the author and the main character of the novels.
1 punto: b
5. The text is...
- a. An interview.
- b. A biography.
- c. A review.
- d. An instruction.
1 punto: b.
6. Find in the text two situations whe re the action is still happening.
- Elige dos frases en presente simple:
- a)Ej.They have three sons.
- b)Ej.She is mormon.