Grow up

Grow up : Mature, become adult

    • Intransitive

    • Examples in context:
    • These dolls, thinner than traditional shapes, make girls want to be unrealistically slim when they grow up.
    • I had a liberal upbringing, growing up in Ireland in the 1950s and 1960s.
    • The name Ikea comes from the initials of the founder's name, Ingvar Kamprad, the farm where he grew up, Elmtaryd, and his home village, Agunnaryd.
    • Now, thirty-nine years after she wrote to Elvis Presley promising to marry him when she grew up, Karen Golz has learned that her idol did not have a wooden heart.
    • “Dear Elvis, It’s my birthday soon and if you send me your autograph I promise I will marry you when I grow up.”
    • When he was eight he sent me my favourite photograph, which I still keep in my office. Nick was growing up fast.
    • A proud culture of voyaging that teaches discipline and self-steem has grown up around Hawaiian canoes.
    • I grew up in wartime Britain and my education was completely destroyed by the war.
    • She grew up in an orphanage, where she was just a number.
    • Lots of kids today grow up with a keyboard in one hand and a joystick in the other.
    • It provides environment where your children can learn important lessons that they can use in their grown up lives.
    • In a strange way, maybe society’s demonisation of teen boys has made them grow up more quickly.
    • He grows up with his mother, who rents out rooms in the family house to people traveling through the area.
    • Laura Davis, a young organic farmer, grew up in London, far away from the small country village she later moved to.
    • Then a 15-year old growing up in Indonesia, he decided to make a difference in cancer research.
    • The decline of British industry has meant that poorly educated men, in particular, have fewer job opportunities. So more children grow up in families where parents are unemployed. 

        Crecer, hacerse mayor.



        < Back to Phrasal verbs

        No hay comentarios:

        Publicar un comentario

        Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...