American students often have to take out a loan to help pay for their education, so they try to save money by starting their education at a two-year public college, also known as a community college, where the average tuition this year is about two thousand five hundred dollars. A few American colleges provide free education, and others pay all first-year costs for their foreign students, but they are expected to pay one thousand dollars a year after that.
(Adapted from http://www.voanews.com)
Add TRUE or FALSE and copy the evidence from the text to support your answer. NO marks are given for only true or false.
1- Scholarships are intended to help students pay educational expenses.
- FALSE: (...) international students often have to pay the highest prices. They pay an average of more than eighteen thousand dollars.
Find words or phrases in the text that mean the same as these given.
- A student who is studying for their first degree at college or university: An undergraduate
- To take into account: To keep in mind
- Accommodation: Housing
- Credit: Loan
USE OF ENGLISH
Rewrite the following sentences starting with the words given.
1- Jennifer Egan is an American novelist. She has won the 2011 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction.
- When did you have your air conditioning serviced?
- According to the smoking ban, you mustn't smoke in enclosed public places.
I took some books and a DVD from the library yesterday.